Alaska Feed Company was started by George Dornath in 1959, in a former Army post tucked away in a wooded lot several miles outside of Fairbanks. In 1974, Dick Underwood took over management and purchased the business in 1980. Alaska Feed Company moved into Fairbanks in 1989, finally settling at its current location on College Road in 1992, about the time Dick's sons, Jon and David, took over management of the business.
The store has always specialized in animal feed, seed, and fertilizer, but over the years has grown to include pet supplies, skijor equipment, fence, gates, and "human" food. In the past few years we have grown our line of Alaskan made food for people and have enjoyed meeting and doing business with many homegrown entrepreneurs of our great state.
David and Jon Underwood